There are several places to look for used gas scooters for sale under 300 dollars. Riding a scooter is good practical transportation and just plain fun. A used scooter would be great to ride to school, to go on errands, and for making short trips around the neighborhood.
Go With A Used Scooter
Who wouldn't want a new scooter from a great online scooter store like Megamotormadness.com. A new scooter would be great but if you don’t have a lot of money to put into a scooter you should look for a used gas scooter for sale. Scooters are pretty popular so it shouldn’t be hard to find a used one that you like. One of the best things about gas scooters is that new scooters can be bought for around 500 dollars at online retailers like Amazon.com or at eBay.com.
Places to Look for a Used Scooter for Sale Under 300 Dollars
There’s nothing like being able to see a scooter that you’re interested in buying but eBay and Craigslist are a couple of reputable on-line sites that might be good places to look for a scooter under 300 dollars. Craigslist is one of the world’s largest, if not the largest, on-line classified sites. You can narrow a search down to your neighborhood when you for a scooter on Craigslist.
Used Scooters for Sale Under 300 Dollars on eBay
eBay.com is the world’s largest on-line auction site that has an option for buyers to “Buy Now” on some items. Typically, sellers place items on eBay and take bids on their item for a certain amount of time. At the close of bidding the highest bidder gets the item. Sellers may offer these items at a set price in addition to the bid process. Buyers get rated on eBay so that gives you an idea of what kind of person you’re dealing with and the quality of their products. It’s free for you to search eBay for a scooter.
Scooter clubs are another place to look for a used scooter for sale. Some scooter enthusiast buy and sell scooters from time to time so you may find one at a scooter club in your area. Just do a search for “scooter clubs (insert the name of your city)” on Google or Bing to see if there are any clubs in your area. This way you can get a look at the scooter if you find one you’re interested in. Members of a scooter club may be more inclined to take care of their scooters so you may find a good buy at one of these clubs. Some people believe buying used is just buying another persons problems but that’s not necessarily true. Of course there are some bad buys out there but if you put in the work to shop around you might find a diamond in the rough.
5 Tips to Help You Find a Good Scooter
1. Check the condition of the scooter. Look for scratches, dents, and missing or broken parts. This can help tell you how well the scooter has been taken care of.
2. Be careful about buying from a person that’s using high-pressure sales tactics.
3. Ask lots of questions like, how long have you had this scooter? Have you had any mechanical or electrical problems with it? What kind of gas mileage does it get? Is there anything on the scooter that doesn’t work? Ask questions like these before you talk about price.
4. Don’t let the price be your reason for buying. Don’t buy a scooter just because the seller is willing to sell at your price. The scooter may fit your budget but it will cost you more in the long run if it doesn’t run long.
5. Be sure to take a test ride to try to get a feel for how the scooter runs. Listen for unusual sounds coming from the scooter.
These are just a few places to look for scooters for sale under 300 dollars. Try these and other ideas to find your diamond in the rough.
Please take a second to tell somebody about this article by clicking the buttons on the slider on the left of this article to share it on Stumbleupon, Fb, and Twitter. Thanks!
Click here to check out scooters on Amazon.com. Join writers like myself on Seekyt.com (Click here) and earn money to buy your scooter for writing articles like used gas scooters for sale under 300 dollars.