Constipation can often be a very annoying condition to suffer from. Once your digestive system is not working properly, the whole body balance is disrupted and you may feel irritable or frustrated as well. There are many medications that people use for getting rid of constipation, but after some time they stop working. Moreover, they cannot be taken for a very long time. Therefore, to get rid of constipation in a healthy and natural way you should go to your kitchen and find some really helpful ingredients there.
- Start eating more fiber - Fiber helps to transport your bowels inside the intestine and this enhanced bowel movement results in a lesser constipation. You can start eating oatmeal everyday and include all green leafy vegetables in your diet. They contain a lot of fiber and will be the right option in improving digestion and lessening the constipation.
- Psyllium husk - This is an old laxative that has been used by many people in order to help them with constipation. You just have to take one teaspoon of the husk and drink it with water. If you only have psyllium seeds, you can keep them in hot water for some time and then drink the complete concoction.
- Prunes - they are the most effective remedy in cases of constipation. You can take dried prunes or prune juice and you bowel movement would generally start in an hour. You can use raisins instead of prunes. They work equally well for constipation.
- Castor Oil - it is commonly known that castor oil can improve your bowel movement and stimulate the colon. It won’t be helpful to cook something in castor oil as you are already constipated. Therefore, drink a teaspoon or two as soon as you get up in the morning and your bowels will be released by the end of the day.
- Tea- Always take some herbal tea in order to rush to the bathroom. Never depend on other kinds of teas and generally settle for green tea that is not flavored. The tea should ideally be lukewarm.
- Olive Oil and Honey - A tablespoonful (or more if you’re badly constipated) mixed with honey is a great kitchen remedy for constipation. You can even drink honey with lukewarm water on an empty stomach so that you never get constipated again.
- Water - drink plenty of water with all the above mentioned remedies or the bowel movement can irritate your anal opening or even cause hemorrhoids